NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skymax 127

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Humm sounds like one has a plan!!

Ok. I await an update in due course

Rob

It certainly does! I just hope he hasn't gazumped me on russ's Mak :):)

Skywatcher/Orion is the oringinal scope, Helios never came out with a Mak. Strange when you think they had the same refractors/newts.

Ahh nice one Gaz, welcome to the 127 club!! (when received). I love my little 127. I'm sure you will also!.

Rob

:)

A Mak is the only major type of scope I've never owned, you never hear a bad word about them generally so I thought I'd see what all the fuss is about.

I'm pretty certian russ will be putting the money from the sale towards that Skywatcher 150mm Mak that he and James have been drooling over all week! :)

Hope russ get's that 150 Mak it look's the dog dangleys! i would get one if funds were not tied up so much with other things to get(canon 300d,Skymax 127 ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC LOL)...

James :) still drooling

Okay James, you're gonna have to spill the beans matey because i can't go to bed without knowing. :?

About your original question. Yes there was an earlier version. It was called the Viewmax 127 before being renamed to Skymax. My first 127 was the Viewmax.

The Orion Starmax is what earned the 127 it's reputation.

Russ

Let me just say, without this sounding like a sales pitch in light of the fact I sold mine. But the 127 is one of the best, if not the best scope i've owned. And that includes beating 2 x 10" Meade SCT's, an Intes 603 and 2 x Orion Optics newts.

Stunning scope. Still can't get over how well it imaged Mars the other morning. Although the TV Powermate played a big part in that.

Russ

Let me just say, without this sounding like a sales pitch in light of the fact I sold mine.

So which mug did you get to buy it? :)

Oh he was a right sucker, believed every word. :):):):o:o

Russ

Thats a [removed word]. Hopefully another will come up soon.

Keep looking matey.

Russ

Going to sell my C6-R i think and get that Skymax 150 seems a good move, shame because the views from the C6-R are really superb but alas it's too heavy for me :? ..

Russ are you still thinking about getting this scope? 445 quid from warehouse express for the OTA is really good.

James :)

Hi James,

I spoke to Ian at Rother Valley today. His site may say £460 but he says he'll offer a good deal if you get one from him.

But as i said before, if you haven't got all the money now, then Warehouse's £445 plus 9 months Buy now Pay later is impossible to beat.

Russ

Archived