NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn -Mars Juipiter -01-04-16

Grotemobile

A nice set Steve, quite like the Jupiter. Saturn looks nice with some colour showing, perhaps a bit out of focus? Possibly more frames needed too to get those good frames? Mars starting to show some detail, looks a tad overexposed.

Look forward to seeing more Steve.

Must be conditions then Steve, they all look a little on the soft side, all still nice. Maybe some sky mist, moisture? You should be able to get much better with the C8 which I'm sure you already know.

On this side of the rock, Mars and Saturn are about 80 degrees above the horizon at 04:00. Prime targets here atm when skies are clear with good atmospherics. I'll be trying to get better data than my last effort.

Hope you have some very good clear skies soon for imaging.

Hi Dave. Saturn & Mars are very low down @ the moment. Jupiter is very high. U can tell the difference in

the photos. Tomorrow night looks good :thumbsup:. I see that U have got the Mead LX200. I am looking at the 12" version.

How do U find the Mead for imaging.http://www.tringastro.co.uk/meade-lx200-acf-12-f10-telescope-8826-p.asp

I had a C11 which I sold . I need something bigger now. The C8, seems to cut through the  atmospherics, way

better, than the C11 ever could. Would I be wasting my money on something bigger. What is your take on it.

Nice to chew the cud on things, like they say . Lets hope the weather plays  ball this week  Dave.  None of these :clouds2::clouds1:

Arhh, I see Steve. I thought it would be similar elevations for planets. How stupid was I to think that as you see different parts of the sky to us. I don't know why I thought that :happy8:

I haven't used the Meade LX200 EMC 8" Classic much at all Steve. I've had a couple of quick visuals with it since getting the OTA rings for it recently. I need to do a very slight collimation on the secondary which I seem to have to do with all my scopes that I acquire. Not sure about imaging with it just yet. All online reviews for it are good so I can't see why it wouldn't perform well for imaging.

Some scopes just don't perform Steve weather it's just that particular model, dud mirror/s or it's been used and abused.

That 12" looks nice. The extra 4 inches, which isn't much makes it look so much bigger. A quick search for that scope under images brings up some nice results from it. I'm getting too many 8's and would gladly swap 3 of them for a 10"+ SCT.

What I need atm and have been chasing up is a good guide camera plus a ZWO for imaging. I've also got my eye on a mirrorless or EOS. I'm just not getting the results that I'd like to with the gear I have.

I am actually imaging at sea level . The sea is about a mile away. I am not getting the  results

I would like either, so that is  Y  I thought about a bigger scope. My camera is the ZWO ASI185MC.

Had it about 3 months. Very good. 100 fps a lot of the time. Good investment. Not a cheap hobby

is this Dave. Always seem to  want something better don't we . :happy9:

There's always something better :D

I'm not too far away from the ocean either, maybe that's why I've had so many poor nights. Living in suburbia doesn't help with one thing or another, lights, smoke, pollutants, dust etc

There's been quite a few ZWO's that have been listed on ebay recently, all new apart from one I think. If I can't snap up a good used one, I guess I'll have to buy new. One thing I like about them is most now come with the all sky lens which I think I'll enjoy just as much as using it on a scope. I'm really looking forward to getting one.

I want to jump on the ZWO wagon but it keeps zipping by too fast!

Archived