Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'm still a bit of a newbie but I think I'm getting the hang of some of the basics.  Are any of you experts familiar with the synscan handset?  I've discovered tonight a "park" option on it.  So I slewed to a star and set it to park before turning it off.  Am I right in thinking that now, when I next take my scope outside I can just set it up and align using that first star from my park position?  I will not theoretically have to manually find a star first?   Thanks in advance.

I'm not 100% sure on this g30 but I think the accuracy will be undermined once you move the mount.  The park function works well as you described when the mount is installed on a permanent set-up.  Hopefully someone with more experience will chip in.

Jim

That's correct, if the scope is moved even slightly once the Syncscan is turned off it will loose the alignment and you will have to re-align again when you switch it on. When I leave my SW300P Flextube out at the end of an observing session, after parking it in the vertical position, I leave it extended,  put the protective covers on and then finally switch off the Synscan without any further movement. The alignment is usually ok when I next switch it back on.

Archived