F5 12" dobsonian ep's

Ally8446

At the moment I have an 8" f6 dob and I use BST's 8, 18, 25mm. I also have a WO SWAN 33mm 2". Now while I'm very happy with the views I get I'm drawing ever closer to upgrading the scope to an f5 12" dob. After reading various threads on the forum I still can't fathom if my current ep's will still give me good views through an f5 or should I consider selling my current ep's and getting something like TV plossls or xcel range.  I guess my budget would be around £60ish per ep. Your opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Ally

I think your current eyepieces will do pretty well in a 12" F/5. I've used some of the BST's in my 12" F/5.3 and the views were good.

I'd certainly not rush into changing until you have given them a good try in the larger scope and when you have noticed something that you might like to improve about them.

Archived