Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

See Jupiter in (not so ) Stunning 3D!!!

Cloudwatcher

Just a little bit of hype in the title. :lol:

It's not at all stunning nor 3D-ish really but it's my first try and things can only get......worse.

However if you have a pair of the Red/Green glasses have a look fairly close to the screen and Jupiter does appear a bit like an eyepiece view..... well I think so but then I've got some funny eyepieces. :grin:

Comments will be appreciated.

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

Well CW, I used the glasses I bought for the mars Rover pics, but to no avail I'm afraid.

I went boss eyed trying to get as close as I could to the screen, but sad to say, nowt.

In fact it looks 3 dimensional as it is. The stars give it that appearance.

It is a fine picture in it's own right, without the psuedo 3D.

You super imposed Jove onto a background, are any of those moons at all?

Ron :grin:

Well CW, I used the glasses I bought for the mars Rover pics, but to no avail I'm afraid.

I went boss eyed trying to get as close as I could to the screen, but sad to say, nowt.

In fact it looks 3 dimensional as it is. The stars give it that appearance.

It is a fine picture in it's own right, without the psuedo 3D.

You super imposed Jove onto a background, are any of those moons at all?

Ron :D

Hehe! Sorry about the 'Boss Eyed' effect,Ron,not played for,honest!

I agree about the 3D aspect,it was just something I tried whilst processing the image. Seen through the the glasses though the colour does look like those I see at the eyepiece but as I say I've some funny eyepieces. :lol:

The planet is not superimposed,Ron,the image is a crop from a single 59" x 39" frame taken with the 450D. In this case I have actually saved a sequence of the processing and will post compressed versions to give an idea of what was done prior to the failed attempt at 3D.

1 is the original image.

2 is a masked layer of the planet with the magic wand tool used on the background to isolate the 'stars'. Levels,brightness/contrast controls were used to obtain the grey background which was then pixel cut to reveal a black sky.....

3 is the the preliminary combination of layers showing planet and stars.

4 is the prelim again with gaussian blur applied to the background and ready for detailed work to begin.

I don't know how well these working images will show up when downloaded to the Forum but will give it a go. :grin:

Can't get them all to load. Will try reduced size in separate posts.

Cheers

CW

Well hers No1.Click as usual.

Hopefully this should include 2,3 & 4 again reduced to fit.

2 is a masked layer of the planet with the magic wand tool used on the background to isolate the 'stars'. Levels,brightness/contrast controls were used to obtain the grey background which was then pixel cut to reveal a black sky.....

3 is the the preliminary combination of layers showing planet and stars.

4 is the prelim again with gaussian blur applied to the background and ready for detailed work to begin.

Yipeee! It worked! Click as usual.

Cheers

CW

No I'm not in the graphics arena,Ron. Strangely enough though both of my sons are and way ahead of me.

My image processing is done in old Photoshop CS I'm afraid but one day I will upgrade........... one day. :lol:

On the subject of the image and my powers of observation,I've just realised that it is upside down! :grin: (Time for a rework.)

Cheers

CW

No I'm not in the graphics arena,Ron. Strangely enough though both of my sons are and way ahead of me.

My image processing is done in old Photoshop CS I'm afraid but one day I will upgrade........... one day. :lol:

On the subject of the image and my powers of observation,I've just realised that it is upside down! :grin: (Time for a rework.)

Cheers

CW

You should be CW, you're a magician mate. :D Great pic, love the starry background. I don't think I've seen that done before.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived