NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What's the Moon?

russ

It has been ages since I last looked at the moon, let alone photograph it. In fact it maybe as far back as 2003! :shock:

Must take the time to check out our nearest neighbour and not just curse the fact it's ruined the sky.

So when Autumn/Winter returns i'm gonna make a determined effort to look at and image the moon. But only after i've had a blumming good look at Mars that is.

Oh and hope that bleddy moon doesn't ruin the Persieds :)

Russ

Russ, as I've posted in Rob's 'Perseids' thread, the moon will be a half moon on August 12th. So it will only be a problem during the first half of the night (its southerly declination means it won't be much of a hinderance, anyway).

So all we need now is some clear skies........

Did I say "all"??? :oops:

My club, The Saguaro Astronomy Club, has a best 110 lunar objects list, and an award for viewing them. You don't have to be a member to qualify for the award. The list and procedure is listed at:

http://www.saguaroastro.org/content/SAC-110-Best-Lunar-Objects-List.htm

The person that referees the award and I are the only ones to complete it so far. It's loaded with amazing features on the Moon, and a great way to get your feet wet, even if you don't apply for the award. 8)

Archived