SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Leo Triplet

Ishan Mair

I finally managed to get all things running satisfactorily (not perfect:help:) . So managed to get the longest integration on a target so far. I kept the ISO low at 400 just to get longer exposures not being washed out by LP.

Lights: 50 x 300 s + 30 x 180 s

Darks, Bias. Flats produced a strange bright pattern in two corners due to Meridian Flip. That was just too much for me to handle in PS.

This is a crop of the image taken with 130PDS and Canon 1100D with Baader MPCC III all mounted on Heq5 Pro.

Thanks for looking. Please suggest corrections or point out flaws. I wish to keep learning !

Leo Trio Processed2_Normal.jpg

Thats a very impressive total exposure time! I'm not sure whether you could get more colour from it with an un-modded dslr? I have found that I get the best results and colour from just using the 32 bit autosave file in DSS without making any mods in DSS. I use the Kappa-sigma clipping mode for stacking and it seems to deliver the best results. Others will have different experiences and views... Convert it to 16 bit then process in photoshop. Nice image...

Thanks guys.

53 minutes ago, StargeezerTim said:

Thats a very impressive total exposure time! I'm not sure whether you could get more colour from it with an un-modded dslr? I have found that I get the best results and colour from just using the 32 bit autosave file in DSS without making any mods in DSS. I use the Kappa-sigma clipping mode for stacking and it seems to deliver the best results. Others will have different experiences and views... Convert it to 16 bit then process in photoshop. Nice image...

I use Median Kappa Sigma. I too don't make any mods in DSS. Take the file into Fitswork4 for gradient removal and then into PS. To be honest I've always struggled for colour calibration. Most of my images have white stars. Here it looks like I have made background a little bluish.

Archived