Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At least I think it is the R232 lead....the lead that comes with skywatcher to plug syncscan handset into computer.  My question is my adapter to turn use USB port on laptop came and I'm wondering can I plug it into laptop and use stellarium to guide the scope?

1 minute ago, g30rg313 said:

At least I think it is the R232 lead....the lead that comes with skyway Cher to plug syncscan handset into computer.  My question is my adapter to turn use USB port on laptop came and I'm wondering can I plug it into laptop and use stellarium to guide the scope?

Yes you can do that, that is one of the purposes of the lead.

1 hour ago, cloudsweeper said:

@Cornelius Varley - I believe I need one of these to connect the Hand Controller to the PC.  Are they RS232 at one end, and USB at the other?  And do you need any software to get the upgrades etc. to function?  

Thanks for any advice.

Doug.

Thats correct. serial data cable. . Everything should then work. For some planetarium programs (Carte du Ciel) you will also need the Ascom Platform http://ascom-standards.org/ plus the correct mount drivers. For firmware updates and the firmware manager go to the Celestron website or here

Archived