SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

SGLXI observations

Tim

Didn't have the best of the weather, staying just friday night and saturday night, but it could have been worse.

Through the clag was able to find, by star hopping, and observe the following objects on friday night between 12 and 2.30;

M3, M13, M51, M101, M64, M65, M66, Hamburger galaxy, M81, M82, other galaxy near 81/82 that I can never remember the name of, Needle galaxy, Jupiter

My favourite view of all though was the Leo triplet in one field of view. My skies at home arent good enough to get the Hamburger, so it was great to see it and its impressive dust lane in the same field as 65 &66. With my 23mm 82° eyepiece at around 80X it really was a pleasing sight, well worth setting up for and braving the chill.

I'm not certain who was with me in the dark, but thank you for your company whoever you are, it was nice to share the views.

Tim

If you are the Tim on Kingfisher 17 (?) then that was probably me and Ally.

It was nice to share your scope (18" Obsession? It was dark and I can't remember!), so thanks for that.

Shame you didn't stay for Sunday night, once the moon set it was very good, albeit very wet with dew. I borrowed a 31mm Nagler and 24mm Ethos (I think it was) to try in the 16" and now know I should invest in decent eyepieces.

And you missed a lovely sunset, which brought everyone out with their cameras!

Yep, that was me :) It's not an Obsession though, I wish!

I came home and spent a good few hours in the observatory, continuing the B33 and Flame complex and afterward the Leo triplet area that I have been imaging for several weeks with my 150ED and Atik 11000.

Archived