Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

MESU 200 guide question

Astroscot2

Hello all, I hope some Mesu owners with the Sitech system can help me here,

I was having a good night imaging when I decided to slew to a bright star to see if I could improve on my focus,  once the mount stopped I decided to use the hand pad to centre the star on the chip,  As I have fat fingers I seem to have pressed every key on the keypad while trying to centre the star, I focused and slewed back to my object to image and here is where the problems started,  I switched back to guide mode and proceeded to calibrate on a guide star, the software advised the mount was not moving enough.   So straight away im blaming the loadstar St4 cable however is there a chance ive altered a guide setting via the Sitech keypad? I turned everything off and still had the same issues on rebooting - gave up an headed in.

Mark 

Hello Mark,

i can't give you a definite answer but I too have pressed virtually every button by accident on the hand controller in the dark with no apparent ill effects. If you saved your configuration at the outset I guess you could try restoring this if something has changed, or take a look through the comprehensive Sitech manual to see if multiple button pressings can reconfigure something.

Hope you get it fixed

Steve

Archived