Heart, Soul, Double cluster, Milky Way.... DSLR and Lens image

Taken and processed this evening. 18 X 3 min, iso 1600, F6.3, 70mm (70-300L Zoom).... Plus 15 X 5 min, Iso 800, F 6.3 etc... plus calibration frames. DSS and Photoshop with gradient removed with DBE.

Moon was a bit bright and I would love to try this again with a LP filter and when moon is away when I would expect stronger nebulosity to be captured.

What a dense skyscape!

Thanks for looking...

HeartSoulCluster.thumb.jpg.664d9689d2ab6

1 hour ago, happy-kat said:

Very pleasing image.

You are lucky for me this area is to low and in the murk of all the street lights on a local roundabout.

And I got some 5 min subs without trailing... I was pointing towards, but not at, an orange street light, its amazing what a bit of DBE can do, though I would really like to get myself a CLS clip filter for these widefield shots.

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎15 at 11:27, StargeezerTim said:

And I got some 5 min subs without trailing... [...]

Also my experience; if you keep the load on the mount down, you can get much out of a simple setup. I've done 4 min subs on my EQ3 with just camera and lens, without major problems. I found that even PA isn't that critical at shorter focal lengths.

BTW, did you use your unmodded camera on this target?

54 minutes ago, wimvb said:

Also my experience; if you keep the load on the mount down, you can get much out of a simple setup. I've done 4 min subs on my EQ3 with just camera and lens, without major problems. I found that even PA isn't that critical at shorter focal lengths.

BTW, did you use your unmodded camera on this target?

Yes... I use the 100d for all my astro stuff now. The 550d seems very heavy by comparison..

Archived