Nagler Zoom vs high-power Ethos

iPeace

2 minutes ago, Moonshane said:

I should also stress that I am the only person in the world to my knowledge that sees these effects so it might be better to ignore what I say

Still, very interesting! I haven't had a Moon night since the 17mm Ethos arrived, and with an 8mm on the way, I will have something to check for. Then again, perhaps I wouldn't recognize "chromatic aberration" if it overran me in a 12-ton truck/lorry.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the moon it manifests itself (to me) as flickering splodges of colour (pinkish and bluish) as I rolled my eye about the lunar surface. Very annoying though, hence I sold the 8mm Delos and kept the 17.3mm which is used mainly for non lunar objects. The Delos was wonderful on Jupiter though and if I hadn't planned to get either an 8.5mm XF (now got) and/or a 9mm Delite when I can afford one (to go with my 7mm and 11mm) I'd have probably retained it but bought an 8mm TV plossl or Radian for lunar. In every other way the Delos and Ethos are truly spectacular.

the 8 ethos is such a wonderful ep at power..it makes Globs come alive as they dance across the FOV...and then you powermate them..so you have the object at 4mm. I hardly use the 13 ethos because the 8 is so great.

1 minute ago, estwing said:

the 8 ethos is such a wonderful ep at power..it makes Globs come alive as they dance across the FOV...and then you powermate them..so you have the object at 4mm. I hardly use the 13 ethos because the 8 is so great.

Still getting used to the idea of balancing an EP on top of a PowerMate...may end up just getting a 4.7mm Ethos, as well :happy11:

1 hour ago, iPeace said:

I still don't see this sticking out of the back of a TV85... but I'll give it plenty of time to sink in

Actually it's possibly going to be more the case of the TV85 sticking out of the front of the diagonal :icon_biggrin:

Much as a love the way Powermates perform, I don't use them now because of the additional weight / length.

Archived