Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter with Xbox 360 cam

Aussie Dave

Tonight was a strange night. Although the edge of Jupiter was stable and perhaps the best I've seen yet, I could not see the very top gas cloud edge or the very bottom cloud edge. I took about 12 videos for the night and have process only 4, they all seem to be the same.

Taken with the Skywatcher Pro 150, UV/IR Cutoff filter, standard Celestron 2x Barlow, Xbox 360 Live Vision camera and SharpCap.

Processing with Autostakkert!2, Registax6 and PaintDotNet.

Although the results seem to show very little colour, I did enlarged the center section of the planet on one of the images below to reveal more colour bands which is what I've been chasing for a while now.

It looks like this is as good as this gets unless I get that one exceptional night in conditions for imaging. But I may lose interest before that night comes!

56d5e89f9d0ef_SWPro1502xBarlowUVIRCutoff

56d5e8e5500ec_22_29_49_g5_b3_ap37ASl2RS6

2 hours ago, Grotemobile said:

I will second that. Last time I got out ,

it was a full moon:happy9: Friday looks good.

Steve.

I think I'm getting better conditions here Steve for imaging, still far from great but it does seem better the last couple of nights. I was out tonight with the Nexstar C8 capturing some more Jupiter. I hope I've got something better to show in a day or 2.

I hope you get some clear skies and good conditions soon and heaps of them.

2 hours ago, happy-kat said:

You got the red spot, good images there from the inexpensive webcam.

Yes, always nice to get the great red spot HK. I was hoping for it tonight too while imaging again, but Jupiter passed prime imaging about 1:30am, conditions were degrading so I packed up.

I still think my capture setting are wrong. What I really need is an experienced imager to post a single frame from one of their videos so I can visually compare theirs to one of my frames.

Archived