NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DIY Smartphone mount

Samibotss

DIY Smartphone Mount

1,25"

To begin in AstroPhotography, Most people will likely try to take images of what they see through their scope with their smartphone.

It isn't as bad as it seems, because nowadays Smartphone Cameras are so good they almost replace standard Cameras. The Only problem, is that it

is very hard to center the phone and get a still picture. For that, Mounts have been made for smartphones. But, They cost alot.

So, Instead of Paying the price of a mini computer, a DIY Option is the better in my opinion.

Wihtout further ado, Inspired by This, Here Goes

5eYOBBY.jpg

1 - Needed Parts

- Smartphone Case Suited for your phone

-Milk Bottle Cap

- Some glue

- Knife or Cutter

- A Heavy Book

- A Ruler

2 - The Build

Start By Mesuring the diam. of your biggest eyepiece ( The Glass, Not the whole eyepiece), then mark it on the bottle cap. With your Cutter/Knife, cut a circle with the diam. of the eyepiece.

Take your Smartphone case, put some glue around the camera hole, and around the milk bottle cap. Then, glue them together...

Put a heavy book on top to facilitate the process of drying, and then wait a few minutes.

What do you think? is this a good alternative?

It's the sort of thing I've done in the past - should work I think :)  Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of astrophotography :)

1 minute ago, Gina said:

It's the sort of thing I've done in the past - should work I think :)  Good luck and welcome to the wonderful world of astrophotography :)

Thanks! I tested it, and indeed it worked wonderfully, and without spending 50$

Archived