Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Teleview powermates

Mercona

Ok, probably a silly question, but why doesn't the teleview powermate 5x come in a 2" format? I've only found them in 1.25". Also what are you guys paying for these. In the USA they are about $325 for a 4x powermate. Is that about right?

There's only one size Barlow for each different magnification, otherwise there would be 8 in the range. There is:

1.25": 2.5 and 5*

2": 2 and 4*

I just checked the price here for a 4* and it works out as about $400, so you'd be getting a good deal.

• 2 weeks later...

I could be wrong and you may have a reason - but to me multiplying by five kinda infers you want to zoom into a target magnifying a smaller fov (eg a planet). Whereas a 2" PM gives a wider fov which I can only see a use for on much larger targets (eg part of a nebula or a pattern in a glob). Either way I'm just thinking out loud in the hope it helps. :)

Archived