Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Multi-function mount PC control

Hello,

I can not for the life of me figure out how to control my Skywatcher Multi-function mount with my PC. I built a TTL Bluetooth module for it years ago for Papywizard. That has worked like a charm with my camera's for panoramic photography. However, I now want to connect it to software via the bluetooth controller through the ASCOM platform to Stellarium. I have a couple of ASCOM drivers that I have installed which claim to work with it, but I have not been able to gt it to work. Here are a couple of pics to to help identify my system. The confusion about the different skywatcher models about which model works and which doesn't is a PITA!!!

- James

12318318_1258573520838364_1117916281_o.jpg

12776829_1258573510838365_942706729_o.jpg

Thank you for the welcome. First I installed the latest version of the Ascom platform (6.2 as of this writing). Then I installed EQmod and StelleriumScope. Then I installed the ASCOM driver for the Supatrak mount..although the Supatrak is slightly different, Others in the discussion seem to have the the same version that I have and have got it working. 

https://sites.google.com/site/rwgastro/supatrakmounthacking

Discussion:

http://www.skyatnightmagazine.com/forum/howto-turn-a-skywatcher-supatrak-mount-into-a-goto-mount-t73086.html

I have looked into the Ursa Minor software. That sounds like it may work for me, however it sounds costly and no guarantees that it will work with the bluetooth adapter that I built for the mount. Although it should.

One thing I did try that worked is I installed on my Galaxy Tab 4 SkySafari pro 4 app, that was fairly expensive with the free Virtuoso app. Those apps talked together and were able to connect and control my mount with SkySafari. Because that worked, that insured that nothing was wrong with my bluetooth adapter and the mount was able to do GoTo movements from the app. But since doing it that way is not what I ultimately want to do, I uninstalled the app and got a refund. 

- James

I installed CdC and it seems I'm having a real big time trying to connect to the mount through bluetooth. I suspect something odd is going on with the connection. I can connect to it just fine with papywizard on my computer. But the connection through CdC and the mount doesn't work....

Archived