NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Limiting my field of view in planetarium programmes

beamer3.6m

I have a permanent set up which due to restrictions sits right up against my house.

The view to the east and south is fine but north is a no go due to the house and west is out due to the trees.

My question is is it possible to set parameters in the these software so I know if an object is visible to me and if so how.

I have read the manuals and seems possible on the face of it but they are as clear as mud.

A simple wally guide would be great.

Software needs:

1. Skytech x

2. Stellarium

Thanks guys

Customizing the landscape in Stellarium isn't as complicated as you might think, although you'll need to be 'handy' with Photoshop or PSP.   I've made a couple of custom landscapes and the second one was far easier once the logic penny had dropped when I fiddled about with the first one!  

The second one was a location that I use where the view to the north is obstructed by a building.  The site is also at the foot of some steep hills.  The finished view achieved exactly what was needed.  I also managed to build in some pollution from stray indoor as well as outdoor lighting by using it's (afaik, undocumented) "lights layer" option.

Archived