Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12v cigarette car lighters - neater solution

I don't like cigar plugs. Too temperamental. I use XLR plugs. these click into place and unlock with a small lever. I would use a regulated power supply http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/maplin-97w-dc-fixed-voltage-bench-power-supply-xm21x. BUT... only if you can use it indoors or out doors stored in a damp proof container. They will need some aeration as they can get warm.

I would build a wooden box to house the Power supply and fit 4 - 6 off female XLR sockets onto the box, replace your male cigar plugs with male XLR plugs and you will have only one mains plug to deal with.

If you are using mains electric outdoors please ensure you are using an appropriate RCD unit and ensure your hands are dry when you connect and disconnect mains electricity. I apologize if your level of electrics exceeds my cautions.

Steve

Steve

Archived