NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

What scope ?

So I've decided to buy a mesu 200 and need a jack of all trades to go with it . I already have an fsq 85 for imaging . Contenders - espirit 120 , espirit 150 , 14"sct and. 11" edgehd. I appreciate they are all vastly different . My thinking was I could do great planet imaging with either sct although better with the 14. Worried about field curvature so put the 11"edge in the mix (can't afford 14 edge) . Then the two espirit scopes , not great for planetary but potentially awesome imaging scopes along the lines of my fsq. Question though , due to the lack of light gathering would the espirit suffer for visual work in comparison or does the correction make up for it ??  What would be your choice and why ? :)

If you are going planetary imaging then the C14 is hard to beat.

The Esprit scopes are fine if you want wide field imaging at a longer focal length than the fsq.

With a Mesu 200 I'd be tempted to do some galaxy imaging rather than wide field. A large astrograph would suit the Mesu 200 well :)

Archived