NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Dehumidifer advice needed

Philip Benson

No sure if this is the right discussion heading for this.  I have a Neostar rotary desiccant dehumidifier in my dome.  It is essentially identical to the popular ELA DD822  model.  For some reason it no longer feeds water out through the hose but drips into the reservoir instead.   I have checked for all obvious signs of leaks, cracks etc in both the outlet hose and the unit itself but there are none.  Removing the lid of the reservoir and placing the tank back in place I can even see it dripping into the tank.

When I remove the tank the 'water full' alarm goes off so I cannot use it without the tank in place.  As I ease the tank out I can tell when the alarm is triggered so I guess there must be a sensor or switch located somewhere which sends the signal to the unit that the tank has been removed.  Does anyone know where this sensor is so that I can try and fool the dehumidifier into thinking the tank is still there even though it isn't.  Then I can check more closely why water isn't being fed into the hose.

Many thanks.

Have a close look at the back of the aperture where the tank goes. Most dehumidifiers have either a small peg that operates a micro switch to indicate the tank has been removed, or else one that latches with the 'tank full' lever that stops the machine.

Regards Bob. 

Sorry I can't be of much help with this particular model . Although I do have a challenge dehumidifier which I managed to convert with a garden hose . Mine did have an internal latch which I was able to move . It also came with instructions on how to achieve this so maybe that could be useful to you if you still have the original paperwork ??? 

Looking at the DD882 I have here , I think it might be "magnetic" there is a float with a magnet on the LHS of the tank looking from the back - removing the tank triggers the tank full alarm same as the float rising up in the channel in the tank. I cant see any levers or pegs that could  operate a microswitch.

Peter...

24 minutes ago, PBS said:

Looking at the DD882 I have here , I think it might be "magnetic" there is a float with a magnet on the LHS of the tank looking from the back - removing the tank triggers the tank full alarm same as the float rising up in the channel in the tank. I cant see any levers or pegs that could  operate a microswitch.

Peter...

My one is the same, a float in the tank with a magnet attached. The magnet will activate reed type switch. 

Archived