Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help and advise please

hi folks

Newbie here!

Im dipping my toes and finally purchasing a telescope.

looking at my options Im planning on getting a Skywatcher Star Discovery 150P.

The Goto aspect works great for me, plus the kids will love this option. I believe that you can also manually move the scope if you wish to search the night sky yourself (something I want to do for longer sessions without impatient children  :icon_biggrin: ) it would be great if someone could confirm this function for me please.

Also, looking at most reviews one of the bits of advice given is to purchase additional eyepieces.... what a minefield that is! any advise on which to go for without breaking the bank?

thanks again

The scope has freedom find which allows you to move it manually.

As for eye pieces. Use the ones supplied to learn how to operate your scope. With a little bit of experience you will be much better placed to decide which eye pieces would suit you best.

Yes - the dual encoders allow manual slewing in addition to the goto functionality - without losing position. Hard to advise on eyepieces - everyone's eyes are different and you need to experiment to find what suits you best. Join a local astro group and go out observing them - most folks will lend an eyepiece or two to try in your scope. Hth :)

Archived