NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Tonights Moon

Mav359

HAD TO go outside and do something, work has sucked up all my time and it was driving me bonkers so i grabbed the camera for 10mins and had a play.

This is a single cropped image from using my Canon 1000d and a Samyang 500mm Lens of a standard tripod. Seeing is terrible but considering its a  first attempt with this lens on a very bad night with no guiding and only a single sub i reckon this lens might have some potential.

I plan to put it on my star adventurer which will be guided or it also can piggy back on my main rig so hopefully get some good shots with it.

post-9689-0-01788800-1453149660_thumb.jp

Very nice.  It's uncannily like my own Avatar icon. I took mine way back on in Feb 2013 so interesting to see the same position on the terminator line,  especially with Copernicus on full display.

I bet you original photo was a bit better though LOL

I'm going take it out and have a play again tonight, hopefully seeing will be better, Its supposed to be anyway.

Archived