Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Celestron Cpc925 Finder

Jon22

The instruction manual for this telescope states quite clearly that it should be mounted on the rear LHS of the telescope and warns that if it is removed then the bolts should not be fully driven home in case they foul the mirror movement. I am almost totally blind in my right eye and getting my left eye into position to use the finder is almost impossible.

I would therefore like to move the finder over to the RHS if possible.

It seems a strange situation that the manual is so specific.

Can any one tell me that this is definitely possible or impossible to do. I do not want to do any damage to the telescope.

Thanks

I found the provided finder (6X30) was not very good anyway and I have mounted a 9x50 finder on the right hand side (viewed from the back). If the screws are too long you could always cut them down or use some washers. If you look down the scope you should be able to see the screws and how far away from the mirror they are - just take it easy as you screw them in and keep looking in the scope to check.

Peter

Archived