Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Coma Corrector For 130 Pds

eyepod

Hi would someone be able to say which Coma corrector would be recommended for the 130pds ?

the skywatcher or the baader III

also am i right in thinking with the baader i can use my existing T2 42mm adapter with my NikonD5300 but with the skywatcher i need another slightly thinner t ring to make the focus distance correct.

regards

Jason

I use a SW one with my 130pds, since it's dedicated for the pds line i thought it would be the best choice (i own a 200pds too). I liked the fact that it acts as a reducer too, it makes the scope an f/4.5 one with a 585mm focal length.

But me and a friend of mine who uses the same combo had some strange reflections in some cases (even though i'm not sure this was caused from the corrector).

My friend had some blue-purple donuts near bright stars when he shot m45 and i had a strange line when i shot m31 (http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/210593-imaging-with-the-130pds/?p=2826721).

I have to repeat that i'm not sure that the corrector is responsible for that...

I use a SW one with my 130pds, since it's dedicated for the pds line i thought it would be the best choice (i own a 200pds too). I liked the fact that it acts as a reducer too, it makes the scope an f/4.5 one with a 585mm focal length.

But me and a friend of mine who uses the same combo had some strange reflections in some cases (even though i'm not sure this was caused from the corrector).

My friend had some blue-purple donuts near bright stars when he shot m45 and i had a strange line when i shot m31 (http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/210593-imaging-with-the-130pds/?p=2826721).

I have to repeat that i'm not sure that the corrector is responsible for that...

I find I get little blue/purple reflections from using my IDAS LP filter.. Its a known problem, I dont know if your friend uses that filter but that might explain it

Both images were captured without any filter...

I have an astromodded 600d (lpf1 intact, lpf2 replaced by Baader UV/IR cut), my friend has an unmodded 760d.

Have you noticed if there are any reflections when you do not use the lps filter?

Archived