Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Jennifer's big adventure!

The Warthog

I had arranged to have a new mount (SkyWatcher 3-2 on a wooden tripod) picked up by my daughter. I'd sent her the cheque to give to the dealer. She called me up today. "You didn't tell me the store was in a FUNERAL HOME!!" She said, right off the bat. "I got there, and I was the only person there, and he asked me to come upstairs with him, and, Dad, he was really creepy! He even talked creepy, and was looking all around with his eyes. I wanted to tell him to just bring the mount down and I'd take it from there, but I went up anyway. I didn't know if I was going to get out again, and when I got to his office, he has a big window that looks out over downtown, and he has all kinds of binoculars and telescopes pointing out the window. It was like being in one of those old horror movies."

She toughed it out, though, and has my tripod and mount in her car. She told me the man said he had put it together for me, and she even thought that was a little creepy. (He had offered to put it together, and I had accepted, having due consideration for my eyesight and the arthritis in my fingers.) She says the next time I buy something from this guy, I can mail order, or get it myself. I think I'll have to go there. He sounded quite normal on the phone...

I can just hear the organ playing as she went up the stairs. She said if she'd been watching this in a movie, she'd have been screaming at the heroine "Don't go up the stairs! Don't!"

Your poor daughter, I would have ran a mile and told you to get it yourself.... :shock: Just walking past those places give me the heebie geebies....

You do realise she'll be reluctant to do anything for you again... :lol:

Hmmmph! After all I've done for her! She's fine; she was laughing as she told me the story. I think I'll suggest a karate class, though...

Your poor daughter, I would have ran a mile and told you to get it yourself.... :shock: Just walking past those places give me the heebie geebies....

You do realise she'll be reluctant to do anything for you again... :lol:

Hmmmph! After all I've done for her! She's fine; she was laughing as she told me the story. I think I'll suggest a karate class, though...

Be carful she don't use it on you next time you ask her to pick something up :nono:.

:(

Mark

Archived