Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SW AZ-EQ5 GT cable

Coastliner

Hi All,

I am a bit nervous using this mount as the cable that connects the RA and DEC sections is only 80cm long and I have come very close to having cord-wrap wrench the connectors out.

I would like to make my own, much longer, cable. I have obtained the connectors (GX16, 9 pin) but cannot get hold of any cable.

The printing on the side of the cable reads -

E346938 AWM STYLE 2464 VW-1.

There are other marking regarding temperature, voltage etc.

Does anyone know where I can get some of this cable?

Thanks,

Neil.

You can buy a length from any decent yacht chandlers - its the same 9 core cable used to fit radar to yachts - its usually for sale on a roll so you can just buy what you need.

Cardiff might have a chandlers - if not Newport or Swansea will.

How many cores will you actually be using - I have all sorts in my box of goodies - I might have 8 core and miles of 6 core you can have.

Well done and thanks both, I spent ages searching and couldn't come up with anything outside the USA. Billy, we have a thriving yaucht community here in Cardiff Bay, I'll look up some chandlers now. Julian, that Farnell stuff looks a safe bet.

It looks as though all 10 cores are used, one for each of the nine pins with one doubled up.

Once I've made the cable I'll post details just in case anyone else fancies a go.

Archived