Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

iOptron Skytracker

I think I found the mount that I want. It has great reviews and was wondering what your experiences are with it if any.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=979343&gclid=CJ-Nwa7mn8oCFQIHaQodhgoHkQ&is=REG&ap=y&m=Y&Q=&A=details

Pros, cons, in the middle? Let me know. I'm ready to order. Almost want to just buy it right this second!!

I saw you edited your post from the z mount. I was about to say, almost there?! That's another $500 USD. I think I'll get the iOptron skytracker. Thanks for the help. I might wait a little longer to see others opinions also.

What are you intending putting on it?

Just it is a mount for a DSLR and lens, not really suited to putting a small scope and DSLR on.

There is similar by Skywatcher and more then once people have asked about that item then asked about how big a scope they could attach.

Usually getting the reply None.

By the way I cannot ever having seen a bad review, usually scopes, even for things that are best described as junk.

So take time to search out everything you can.

Hey Ronin. I'll only be using a DSLR on here. No scope. I've looked at results from this tracker, also other people's blogs. It seems to be able to do what I'd like it to. I think I'm going to get it, work with it, and post my own review. Thank you for your concern and help!

I have the Skytracker and have been very pleased with it - it is light and compact but able to take a camera with at least a medium tele lens, probably heavier. Polar alignment is quick and easy with the part scope and it tracks well. You'll need the ball joint.

Make sure you get a V2 which I believe introduced polar azimuth adjustment.

A similar alternative may be the Vixen Polarie - a chap on Twitter @dorsetscouser uses one to great effect.

Please let us know how you get on.

Archived