NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Collimating my 130pds need help

hi guys,

I recently got my 130pds and after setting it up when I looked through the eyepiece I noticed it needed collimation, anyway I got the laser collimator and aligned the secondary and primary mirrors but here is what it looks like if looked through the focuser tube.

post-23421-0-77190800-1452374380.png

Does it mean the secondary mirror needs more adjustments?

hi guys,

I recently got my 130pds and after setting it up when I looked through the eyepiece I noticed it needed collimation, anyway I got the laser collimator and aligned the secondary and primary mirrors but here is what it looks like if looked through the focuser tube.

attachicon.gif2ep340g.png

Does it mean the secondary mirror needs more adjustments?

This diagram you included was created to show proper collimation. If your scope resembles the diagram then it implies you have good collimation. Was there a specific part in the diagram that concerned you?

Jason

This diagram you included was created to show proper collimation. If your scope resembles the diagram then it implies you have good collimation. Was there a specific part in the diagram that concerned you?

Jason

Yes I thought the secondary should be in the dead but like others have mentioned it seems to be fine. Yes my scope looks just like that image so everything is ok then. That laser collimator is a pretty good tool then took me a few mins and this was the first time I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I thought the secondary should be in the dead but like others have mentioned it seems to be fine. Yes my scope looks just like that image so everything is ok then. That laser collimator is a pretty good tool then took me a few mins and this was the first time I did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the secondary mirror is centered under the focuser then its silhouette reflection will appear shifted. If you center the  silhouette then the secondary mirror will no longer appear centered under the focuser.

post-17988-13387743392_thumb.jpg

You were lucky to have a centered secondary under the focuser. Typical laser collimators can't be used to center secondary mirrors under the focuser.

Jason

Archived