NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera settings

Jay1989

Hey all, haven't been on here for a few days, been working long days :(

Last night was the first night since New Year's Eve (I think) that it hasn't been cloudy, so I managed to get the scope out, I connected the camera to it hoping to get some pics, but for some reason it's not letting me adjust the Aperture

Exposure and ISO adjust fine, the camera is in full manual mode, auto focus is turned off and I set the focus manually, noise reduction is turned off, not sure if either of those settings would stop me adjusting the Aperture or not? Just wondering if anyone can shed some light?

The camera is a Nikon D3300

Thanks

Jay

When you remove the lens and attach a scope you are effectively locking the aperture to whatever the scope is. The scope has no facility to reduce aperture.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As per ^

But if you have a chipped adapter you can 'trick' the camera into thinking that there is a lens on it and then juggle shutter speeds by dialling in  'fake' aperture values. (only really helpful when using either a fully manual lens or a telescope for daytime photography)

Best,

Rich...

Archived