Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help Removing LP From My Image!!

Hi All,

Could anybody please try to photoshop out the LP in this image which I took of Canis Major?

I had a go in iPhoto, but it looked really un natural as I had to remove colour from the foreground too, I guess with Photoshop, it is possible to select just the sky?

Could somebody perhaps have a go at sharpening it too?

Many Thanks in advance!! :shocked:

6306_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Wedge,

Had a quick go. I have made a copy layer, with this copy apply a Gaussian blur to remove all detail. Then invert this blurred copy, adjust the opacity of this layer until you get a greyed out image, and then adjust the layer style blending options (play around with this settin until you get a suitable result). Then play around with the curves until happy.

Unfortunately this washes out the street scene a little but...........

Steve..

post-13953-133877341933_thumb.jpg

I agree with Marius that the scene has warmth from the street lighting but assume your concern is that it extends into the sky.

Heres a version of this very nice image that keeps the warm bit where it should be. :cat:

I think you might like to go back into iPhoto and tilt the image a bit to the right as I think the horizon line would look better. Just a thought. :shocked:

Cheers

CW

Click as usual.

I agree with Marius that the scene has warmth from the street lighting but assume your concern is that it extends into the sky.

Heres a version of this very nice image that keeps the warm bit where it should be. :cat:

I think you might like to go back into iPhoto and tilt the image a bit to the right as I think the horizon line would look better. Just a thought. :shocked:

Click as usual.

Thanks to everybody who had a go.

I certainly agree that the LP, on the house looks good, but as CloudWatcher said, the fact it was in the sky was my issue :cat:

Thanks so much to Cloud Watcher - what you did was EXACTLY what I had in mind :cheers: :salute:

I will have a go at tilting it too :cat:

From a very happy Remy

Archived