M1 / 2016

jimao22

Hi all and have a Happy New Year,

In the new year eve, I spent my time under the stars, like any serious astronomer, exposing to M1 in OIII, to finish the colours for this nebula.

I had some older exposures in Ha, from the beginning of last year, I added some new in December and I finished all in between the years.

The result down below is a sum  of 2x1800s and 17x1200s in Ha and 8x1200s in OIII, a total of 10 hours and 40 minutes.

The colours was assigned like this: R=Ha, G=50%Ha+50%OIII, B=OIII.

The picture was made with my usual set-up - MN190, EQ6 w/EQMOD, belt drive, ATIK314L+, TS OAG with QHY5II-L.

Calibrations, stack - Maxim

Rest of operations -PI

Levels (final touch) - Photoshop

post-10239-0-56887300-1451896514_thumb.j

Thanks, but is a bit too noisy for my taste - I have a problem with that. I hate the noise but using the normal de-noising procedure, I kill the details also.

So I need to find out a way to do this better.

Fortunately the guys from Astro Imaging Channel had an episode this morning about that ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=em7AXdvNHRA#t=11). Because of the time zone difference I didn't sow this live, but I am going to see this with a coffee mug, this evening.

Seems like a good idea. But I don't know a method to change the resolution this way (I am a bit stupid...). Can you detail more, please?

L.E. - Resample is a good way to do this (from PixInsight)?

I didn't give up with the noise issue and after watching the Astro Imaging Channel video with noise reduction and experimenting what I sow with my old PixInsight version, adding some personal ideas here and there, I obtained the result down bellow. Is not perfect, I have to work hard with the masks, used several times in the process, but is way up better than the previous image.

I will make a small tutorial on how I did this on my blog (but unfortunately not in English).

Anyway, your sincere comments are highly welcomed.  

post-10239-0-51745100-1451946717_thumb.j

Both images are great renditions of one of my favorite objects.

I'm no critic and the technicalities of processing are lost on me but, on my phone at least, I prefer the first image. It's got more stars!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Archived