Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Altair Astro gpcam vertical mounting.

Coastliner

Hi gang,

I have the above camera (It's a camera with a form factor that lets it fit into an eyepiece holder). I have the 150 degree lens that will let me take a wide field view of the sky. Has anyone got a clever way of mounting this so it can look straight up?

I know you will come up with a simple, obvious solution but I'm an old git so cut me some slack!

Perhaps a parfocal ring might help?  If you had a bracket with a 1.25" hole in the camera could be pushed through from underneath so the "step" in the body is flush with the underside of the bracket and then the parfocal ring pushed onto the top and locked in place to sandwich the bracket between the camera body and the ring.

James

Thank for the answers all, I've splashed out on the Altair clamp. I realised as I was putting the Christmas tree away that I could have used the base, it is a vertical tube on legs with three screws at 120 degrees to centre the tree.

Thank for the answers all, I've splashed out on the Altair clamp. I realised as I was putting the Christmas tree away that I could have used the base, it is a vertical tube on legs with three screws at 120 degrees to centre the tree.

It looks a nice bit of kit with multiple uses for mounting your camera, I use these cameras for finder scopes for which purpose they work brilliantly.

ChrisH

Archived