Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Protecting camera from dew

Hi , Does anyone have a good way to deal with dew on a DSLR? I'm not talking about when its outside on the scope etc, but when i have packed up and bring everything indoors. This normally isn't a problem with metal and glass scope tubes but i'm worried that the camera body will get moisture in the electronics. I have a Nikon D5300 and i think its only the expensive camera's  £1000+ that have sealed cases, just wondering if there is a way to prevent the moisture buildup when bringing stuff into a warm room.

regards

Jason

As long as it's dry while still outside, the main dew risk is when you bring it in from the cold straight into a warm room.  Putting it in a sealed bag - even just a plastic bag - before bringing indoors will help a lot, and as said above, allowing it to warm up slowly - not suddenly - is important.  I used to put kit in the garage for a few hours after use as a half-way-house before bringing it in to full indoor warmth.

Adrian

Archived