Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Astrotortilla

Gareth88

Probably rong section, sorry if it is, but since it's to do with a camera my brain thought imaging (: I'm just wondering when entering details about it if this right.. I have a canon eos 100d not modded and wondering as the 7D is the same sensor size, will the details for fov etc be the same. I've googled and been on a few fov calculator but the 100D isn't listed :(

I hope it all makes sense (:

Gareth

There is a list of all the Canon EOS sensors here: http://www.ideiki.com/astro/EOS.aspx

I can also vouch for the APT software: it's brilliant and has excellent support!

It also has a plate solving goto utility that will work with your Canon and mount. The first time I got it working, it was like witchcraft!  :p  :p  :p

I like the sound of witchcraft!

I've got both backyard and apt but I tend to use apt, il have to try it out (:

typically.. Everything outside bar the telescope and what happens, unforcasted RAIN Got to love this country.. Hopefully the cold front tomorrow brings some nice crisp viewings!

Gareth

I like the sound of witchcraft!

I've got both backyard and apt but I tend to use apt, il have to try it out (:

typically.. Everything outside bar the telescope and what happens, unforcasted RAIN Got to love this country.. Hopefully the cold front tomorrow brings some nice crisp viewings!

Gareth

You need to download the plate solver (it works with PlateSolve2 and another which I can't recall the name of right now) and relevant star database to get it to work.

As long as your PA is good, there is no need for any alignment process. You just let APT know where the 'scope "thinks" it's pointing and give it a target. Then it just takes an exposure, works out where it really is pointing and iterates towards the intended target, taking pictures to find its way. I'm sure that there are other plate solving aiming solutions out there, but APT works and is ruddy inexpensive too! :)

Archived