Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Barred Up... Spiral - NGC1365

MarsG76

Hi all,

I finally got around to processing all of the data I captured of the barred spiral galaxy NGC1365.

This consists of 2 nights of RGB subs captured for 5 and 10 minutes at ISO1600 & ISO800 and one night of 20 minute ISO800 halpha subs to try to capture some emission nebula in the galaxy. All captured at F10 using a modded Canon 40D on a 8" SCT.

I stacked and processed the RGB and the halpha separately... Needless to say, there was hardly anything on the halpha stack... Then I added 30% of the halpha to the red channel in RGB.

I think it's still a bit noisy but it is an improvement over my last NGC1365 imaging session so atleast my progress is moving in the right direction.

I was hoping to get more of the faint surrounds of the Galaxy, but I guess that either my location is too light polluted or the 40D isn't sensitive enough... Or a combo of both since I think 8 hours of subs should be enough.

Thanks for looking,

MG

post-43662-0-67178300-1447572066_thumb.j

Archived