NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ive Confused Myself - Polar Finder

Hi Guys

So i just bought a star adventurer, it has a new polar finder reticle, very clear but there is no constellations etched on it other then the octans. I've no issue with this normally & use alignmaster for accuracy normally but i don't have that option with the Star Adventurer & i have suddenly managed to confuse and second guess myself

Kochab is in a relitive position to Polaris that Polaris is to the NCP so......

Right now Polar finder & Stellarium show Kochab in the same postition against Polaris (about 9 o'clock say) so in my reticule i would place Polaris at the 9 o'clock position..... However

The reticule is both reversed and flipped so should i be placing Polaris on the opisite side of the reticule in the 3 o'clock position???

Cheers

This little program show where Polaris should be and has a tick box to reverse so it matches what you see in the Polar Scope, with the SA when you position Polaris turn the circle and adjust so Polaris stays in the circle all the way round.....

http://myastroimages.com/Polar_FinderScope_by_Jason_Dale/

Yeah i have polar finder.

I have had that thought, so as long as i get polaris rotating all the way around circle i'm good to go. 

NIce, much better way of doing things.

Cheers Tinker

Archived