Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with processing Cygnus

Hello all,

Some of you may know me for posting planetary images on here so please be gentle with me with the following.

I am not into DSO or widefield but I recently visited a place with absolutely stunning dark skies in the heart of the east Devon countryside. It is not advertised as an Astro holiday cottage but it is certainly worth going to soley for that purpose. Easily some of the best skies I've seen.

So because of the very reason above whilst i was away from the Mak 127 I was using to look at multiple objects on one night I just had to try and get some sort of record of what I was seeing with regards to the beautiful Milkyway and millions of stars. The only camera I had with me was a Panasonic LUMIX FZ-8 which had a "starry night" function. So I reeled off 14 15second exposures on my horizon 8115 tripod at ISO 100. The ISO was automatically selects by the camera which does not allow me to adjust it in that mode.

I am not good at processing widefield images being a mere planetary imager so I was hoping some more experienced folk might have a go at working with what I managed to get on the simple equipment at had with me at the time and sharing what they come up with?

Anyway please feel free to download and have a go. You will see the raw files in the Dropbox folder and my attempt at stacking them in DSS and messing with the histogram.

Link to files:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ft6qlh3g67u27s/AAB7ADcHno7l_uYXYQ1-zTiaa?dl=0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived