Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Planetary conjunction - My first sketch

Anish

So I've just completed my first sketch and inverted the colours using photoshop express on the iPhone. I had a couple of questions for this forum:

1) do you consider it cheating to take a photo and make your sketch from the comfort of your home?

2) does anyone have any good inversion techniques? For some reason my Venus is looking a bit too fuzzy

b9333748af1d49b8ac95734c1f0561e0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep very nice, well done! :)

Your added notes are also a nice touch.

I guess you could take a photo then make a clean sketch inside, it just depends on what the object was? I'm not sure how that would work to be honest?

There certainly isn't any rules to break when astro sketching, just do whatever you enjoy. :)

I dont invert my sketches although I did try it when I first started. If you do go down that route then try and be as accurate as possible and use sharp pencils so you get little pin point stars and then tidy the sketch up using Photoshop or Gimp maybe? 

Yep very nice, well done! :)

Your added notes are also a nice touch.

I guess you could take a photo then make a clean sketch inside, it just depends on what the object was? I'm not sure how that would work to be honest?

There certainly isn't any rules to break when astro sketching, just do whatever you enjoy. :)

I dont invert my sketches although I did try it when I first started. If you do go down that route then try and be as accurate as possible and use sharp pencils so you get little pin point stars and then tidy the sketch up using Photoshop or Gimp maybe?

Thanks Mike. I guess next time I'll probably make the effort of doing the conversion on my computer and getting a better scan in rather than taking a photo of it on the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived