Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Attaching the Skywatcher auto focuser

Hello

Sitting at work at the mo and thought I would ask these questions before i get home and get confused.

I have the Crayford style focuser on my Explorer 200 and would like to know the following:

1. How do you removed the wheel on the focuser - instructions say central philips screw, but do not recall seeing a central screw on the wheel.

2. How do you put the black flexible tube on the end of the motor, I can see lots of grub screws (5) - 3 on the flexible tube and 2 on the actual motor.

Cheers guys.

I have to say that the focuser is excellent.

I have seen other comments about its speed, but I think it is more than fast enough and it prevents that horrible wobble.

I could view the moon with a 6mm eyepiece without the dreaded wobble.

XLNT ! Like you Beamer, I mounted my controller on the tube (only to find that taking it on & off caused wobbles !). I've bought some RJ10(??) modules and 10m on telephone cable -now operate pretty remotely by the lappy or PC (with an even longer cable).Something you may wish to consider since the supplied cable is quite short and susceptible to BOINGING all over the place !!

Karlo

Yeah I agree that the mount does wobble when you remove the controller but like you say the cable is too short to attach it anywhere else.

However, I remove it to focus and then replace it once I have dialled in the focus.

• 2 years later...

Archived