NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

EQ5 Pro or EQ5 with upgrade

Reggieo

Hi everyone Is there much difference in looks as in neater lines between the EQ5 Pro and an EQ5 with added SynScan kit later.

I need an EQ GoTo mount but cannot afford a new one and used ones are few and far away,  so was wondering about getting an EQ5 for now then later get the SynScan kit.

Has anyone got any pics they could post for me to compare?

Thanks

I've got the EQ5 Pro, bought second hand, but I don't know whether it started off life complete or in two separate packages. I stand to be corrected but I think no matter how the mount starts out it ends up looking and working exactly the same.

However the cognoscenti on SGL suggest that an HEQ5 is significantly better in terms of payload capacity and pointing accuracy than the EQ5 version, for the 50% extra money.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok in the original post the question was asked about the upgraded version. I would love an eq6pro but cant stretch that far being on a restricted budget. I have a CG 5 mount and would love to upgrade to a goto an other options available at an affordable entry point. My better half would kill me if I went for an Eq6 or Heq5 new, and as the post originally asked about upgrades how easy is it and how reluable is it to upgrade a CG5 mount using the Synscan kit or would it be better buying the EQ5pro at just over £200 extra.

Ok in the original post the question was asked about the upgraded version. I would love an eq6pro but cant stretch that far being on a restricted budget. I have a CG 5 mount and would love to upgrade to a goto an other options available at an affordable entry point. My better half would kill me if I went for an Eq6 or Heq5 new, and as the post originally asked about upgrades how easy is it and how reluable is it to upgrade a CG5 mount using the Synscan kit or would it be better buying the EQ5pro at just over £200 extra.

I would start a new thread.......

Archived