Case for Astromaster 130EQ

Hi Folks,

Bought meself a Celestron Astromaster 130EQ and I'm now looking for a suitable carrying case for the OTA. Celestron don't appear to make cases for anything smaller than a six inch or that doesn't cost several hundred a throw.

Does anyone know of a reasonably priced alternative? (I'm thinking sub £100, though I could stretch a little more if necessary). I've seen a couple of Sky Watcher cases that might fit, but can't seem to find any info on the case dimensions.

Hi 2-4601 (Jean?)  I found a virtually brand new styrdy sport type bag in a local charity shop for £10. With a little useful padding my SW 150P fits like a dream. It keeps the dust off and makes it easy to carry. Its a bit trial and error and I had been looking around for a while. Its useful to keep a tape measure handy! Good luck with your search.

I might be talking twaddle here but it struck me that an old golf bag with dividers removed might fit the bill. You would need to check the diameter. You can pick them up for a few quid from car boots and they are generally pretty study. They may have some pockets as well for a few odds and ends. 

From Amazon.com I bought a "Plano 1819" case for my Orion Astroview 6 EQ.  I can fit the OTA, mount, tripod, counterweights etc. inside.  Luckily, I kept the original packaging foam.  You can get or find packaging material anywhere.  Right now it cost $62.90 USD on amazon.  It is under $50 USD on ebay.  Most importantly, this case has wheels.  It is not a Pelican, but it gets the job done.  I've had 3 years and I take to my dark spot when I get the opportunity with no worries.

post-14298-0-93334700-1444976769_thumb.j

Archived