NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Camera & Adapters make SCT Back-Heavy.

I slide my OTA all the way forward on my CGEM and it is still back-heavy.  Is there a way to add weight to the front of the OTA to balance the telescope when i am using heavy eyepieces or Camera and adapters?

Yes, you should be able to find a counterweight system that slides onto the exposed front portion of your existing dovetail if ths scope is sufficiently forward on the mount, which it sounds like your is. I've used such a contraption on a Meade fitted with a Losmandy dovetail system before. I have no experience with the CGE system, but from comments I've seen elsewhere, it seems that this might be the right part for you:

http://www.optcorp.com/aa-dcw-d-series-3-5lb-counterweight.html

Nigel

Well when I added the Moonlite rotator/focuser I wrapped the heaviest ankle weights I could find around the front of the tube. Lot cheaper.. About a fiver from Argos if I recall [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived