Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hi, Am new to astronomy and need some advice

Dark Lawton

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

Welcome to the forum.

With respect to Maureen Lipman, not every 'ology is a science. You might want to check your thread title. ;)

Edit: looks like a helpful mod has taken care of it now.

Hi with the choice of telescopes I posted I was wanting  to look at the planets mainly but other stuff too like deep space

Celestron NexStar 4 SE,

Celestron NexStar 127 SLT Mak,

Celeston Nexstar 130 slt​

SkyWatcher Star Discovery 150P,

skywatch skymax 127 syncscan​

Hi with the choice of telescopes I posted I was wanting  to look at the planets mainly but other stuff too like deep space

Hi there from Edinurgh - don't know about all your chices but I started with a manual 150p on an eq3 and it really does give some amazing views of planets and more distant objects. I decided pretty early on that astro-photography was not for me and I decided to upgrade to a big Dobsonian as you get more aperture for your money. As said above the alt/az will let you do a little AP but for more serious work an eq mount is a must.

I found it really difficult to make a decision on what I wanted in the beggining as well - Might I suggest getting in touch with a local astronomy club as there is usually a bunch of different set ups which you can have a look at and see what fits for you. Best of luck

Andy

Archived