Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Moon Eclipse 28-Sep-2015

maltrabob

Hi and congratulations to everyone to your amazing images of our Supermoon. I was watching it myself (half of it, not all of it as I had to go to work) and it was a real pleasure, almost no wind and nice 11 ºC (seriously, it wasn't that bad at all), something I wouldn't have expected even in my wildest dreams. Although I didn't plan to use my telescope I soon changed my mind and quickly grabbed my poorly collimated old C8. A dew shield was attached but it didn't take long for dew to cover my scope's corrector glass in thick layer. Therefore all of my pictures are no good and just only managed to save these two that I am showing you here. Each picture is a composition of two single shots stitched in ICE. I used Canon 1100D at prime focus. Observing that red Moon was like seeing Mars really close, was quite something. Can't wait to see my next one, I have got 18 years to get ready :-).

IMG_3282_stitch_small.jpg  IMG_3324_stitch_small.jpg

Archived