Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which DSO's to image?

abodee2

Hi all,

I've tried my hand at M27, M31, M45, M57, M13 and I'm quite happy with my results at the moment - i'll probably revisit them at a later stage! Now i'm interested at trying my hand at some other galaxies/nebulas but i'm not quite sure which to pick! I'm planning on imaging M42 when the dark nights come in within the next couple of months.

Advice on what to image would be much appreciated! More interested in nebulas and galaxies than open or globular clusters

Equipment is in my signature - 150pds OTA, EQ5 Pro, Canon 50D (un-modded) and subs will be unguided

Many thanks,

Ali

That is quite beautiful! Thank you for the suggestion, I think the next thing I'll do is revisit M45 then with much longer subs than the first time. At first all I was going for was 10-15s as it was my first DSO and I wasn't sure what I was doing!

Ali

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

North America unmodded? One of our guests tried it a few years ago in a 350D (from memory) and got nothing at all. When he returned the following year with the camera modded it was fine. Mind you, the standard DSLRs seem to get better each year in regard to Ha.

Olly

Archived