NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium

Charic

What you meant?

Alexander. Hi,

Can Stellarium be used like a notebook, where its possible to have some way of marking / recording an object that you have already seen?

Take Polaris for example, if you view Polaris, a full menu appears wth all the information you need, could there be an option to have a tick-box, to inform the user that this target has already been viewed.

If I print out a Star map, I can circle my targets with a pen, but I wondered if there was an option within the software to do the same on screen!

Thanks from everyone! for, what is already, an amazing program. I also use the Android version.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

(and Cheers dave)

Alexander. Hi,

Can Stellarium be used like a notebook, where its possible to have some way of marking / recording an object that you have already seen?

Take Polaris for example, if you view Polaris, a full menu appears wth all the information you need, could there be an option to have a tick-box, to inform the user that this target has already been viewed.

If I print out a Star map, I can circle my targets with a pen, but I wondered if there was an option within the software to do the same on screen!

Thanks from everyone! for, what is already, an amazing program. I also use the Android version.

Thanks again for your time and effort.

(and Cheers dave)

It seems like they are working on a plugin that does that

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The purpose of this plugin is to allow the visual observer to record their observing sessions, and keep notes on what was seen and what equipment was used to see (or photograph) it. This is currently a very basic plugin. Over time, if there is interest, I will add additional features. For now, it should be treated very much as a beta piece of software. NOTE: this plugin is not distributed with the 0.10.3 Linux or Windows package. You'll need to either build from source, or wait for the next version.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should contact the developper and suggest your idea :)

Archived