Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Eqmod time out error whilst guiding

Bubbles82

As above I have had to stop my session tonight as 3 times whilst imaging I keep getting time out message. I have searched the forum and have seen this is a problem some have had,but this is happening about 20 mins into guiding and imaging anyone had this or has any suggestions ???

Hi

It sounds like you have connection or power problems. Are you pulse guiding? Are you using a hub? How is your mount powered? How long are your cables?

This might help: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/221088-eqmod-connection-timeout-error/

Also, maybe another eq6 owner can advise.

Louise

thanks for the link I have checked some of the suggestions on that post and have now changed the com port it uses and some of the port settings to see if it helps. I'm also going out armed with various USB cables next session to try them of it happens again[emoji3]

thanks for the link I have checked some of the suggestions on that post and have now changed the com port it uses and some of the port settings to see if it helps. I'm also going out armed with various USB cables next session to try them of it happens again[emoji3]

Hi

I run Norton Internet Security on my computers and have never had any eqmod problems with it. It does complain when installing some astro software though, so then need to override it's over-zealousness. There does seem to be an advantage to using good quality, hi-speed and shielded usb cables. The guide cam is a high bandwidth device which needs a hi speed (480Mbps) cable and hi speed usb port - ideally to itself. Also, especially with longer usb cables, keep them well away from any power leads.

If you still have problems maybe try disconnecting from the internet and/or disabling your security software.

Good luck!

Louise

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick update on this I have changed the 2 usb cables that go between the mount and the laptop and the hub and the laptop and have had no further problems. I suspected it was the repeater cables these don't seem to do very well with this type of connection hope this helps others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived