Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Might make a useful astro computer

JonC

This

http://hexus.net/mobile/news/tablets/86183-pipo-x9-offers-windows-10-android-unusual-form-factor/

is being talked about on various PC sites, hopefully £90, touch screen, wifi, and compact. Ignoring the android it could make a useful and cheap way of controlling astro kit, either directly or remotely via VNC. One plus side is that its 12vdc, so should be relatively easy to power from batteries.

If it can run the DMK and ZWO cameras for image acquisition I could see having one of these, pretty much all I use my laptop for is running the cams and web browsing so if they can get a little unit like this to work well then why not?

No USB3.0 though by the looks of it.

I also think having a dual boot with android is a great idea.

I'd highly recommend a mini pc, when I added a motorised focuser the number of cables to the floor got ridiculous. I mounted a little Zotac (SSD, USB 3.0... all the trimmings) between the scopes and used a single 10amp power supply split between the mount, Atik and focuser. This reduced the cables to floor from 10 to 4 and made a very noticeable improvement to my guiding.

post-11453-0-61680500-1441555998_thumb.j

Archived