Need help with new telescope

I just got a new NexStar 4SE. I tried to set it up but I messed up on the star aligning so when I auto found moon it was directly across from where I see it. Does anyone know how to reset or fix it and also help me set it up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, like 90% of all new operators, its not working as it should, this will be you and either you location and date are input wrong or the scope it back to front, its not going to be broken or bugged software, your get there it just takes a bit of input the data theright way round.....

I have one of these, please pm me if you want to go through the setup 1-1, I have helped others by using FB messenger real-time.  All advice above is spot on, I will add that you should power it from a 12v power source, powering it from the internal AA batteries is useless after about 45 mins but a fresh set will be ok for setup and testing.

Neil.

There are a couple of common mistakes that would be worth checking.  Others have already suggested some of these.

1. Is anything put on the scope backwards?

2. Have you entered the location co-ordinates correctly?

3. have you entered the date correctly? (dd/mm/yyyy v mm/dd/yyyy)

4. have you entered the time correctly?  (20:00 for 8PM and not 08:00)

5. Is the battery for the scope charged properly?    (I've taken to using and 80Ah Marine battery instead of C-cells or a 17Ah, it's enough juice to power the scope and all the accessories for the entire night without any issues)

Archived