Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reliable Stores

Hi everybody. Im back after a 3 year break. Getting into astronomy again and are looking at buying the Omni 127 XLT. http://www.astrostore.se/se/teleskop-celestron-omni-xlt-127-se?search=omni%20127 

Thing is, i found a site called astrostore.se, it brags about being the biggest astro supplier in northern EU with several affiliate sites,  Teleskopiem.lv - in Latvia, Teleskoobid.ee - in Estonia, Teleskooppi.fi - in Finland, and StarStore.eu - in Europe. I would like to know if anyone in the community can vouch for them since I cant seem to find a single real review of the .eu or .se sites. Would suck to pay 500+€ and get scammed.
Have a nice evening =)  

9aHdp.jpg

Thx for the answer. This price is in line with my local store site. The site I'm wondering about beats it with almost 100£, including international shipment it would cost me 443,22£. So I'm thinking they don't pay any taxes here and can hold down the prices? Hmm 

Not aware of any problems with them however the proviso is that I doubt I would hear a great deal as you and the store are in Sweden.

There was recently a person in Uppsala who I think had used them and no reports of a problem.

I have the Swedish retailer you give saved owing to his posts, I tend to find it easy to keep a record as someone will ask at some time.

No sure the UK retailers are really set up to ship to Sweden, although no reason why they should not be. FLO use FedEx and FedEx will deliver items worldwide. The other retailer is Telescope Services based in Germany, they are more geared to Europe wide deliveries.

Ok. For the extra euros I have to pay for cash on delivery, I still save money, big time. As in a set of 4 Baader EP´s cheaper =) It says however that it will be in stock in 1-2 weeks. And I have seen that statement on lots of the scopes on their site.

So I emailed them for this particular model, see if I can get a specific shipment date. If I find it to be reasonable, I will try them out.

Even if customs has anything to say, I wont have payed up front. 

Optcorp or BH Photo video in USA... Good prices and world wide hopping...

Great prices, steep shipping costs. A damn shame really. Taxes over here are messed up. Even with a 300$ shipping cost it would beat the swedish total price with a 100$

Thx for all you input. ended up ordering a barley used one via a Swedish store. Gives me better possibility's for returning the scope if I find it to be damaged. 
Also ordered a small collection of EP´s in a handy aluminium suitcase to get me started again:

6mm super plössl (1.25")
9mm super plössl (1.25")
15mm super plössl (1.25")
32mm super plössl (1.25")
2x akromatisk barlow lens (1.25")
Looks a little something like this =) ASW_astro_okularvaska_r.jpg

Archived